South Farnham Educational Trust has a Staff Wellbeing Policy which is intended to outline the ways in which senior leaders and employees can work together to enhance staff health and wellbeing, ensuring that the school is a safe, caring and positive place to work (see the School Policies section of the website).
We are committed to promoting the positive mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of our staff and recognise that enhancing individual wellbeing offers benefits not just to our staff but also our pupils and the wider community. For more information on children's wellbeing see the How To Help At Home section of the website.
Various support mechanisms are available to employees and these are periodically reviewed.
The following are currently available:
- Access to occupational health support through our provider, offering independent, impartial advice on the effects of work on an employee’s health and vice versa.
- The Trust has also appointed in each school a Wellbeing Lead. These individuals are responsible for:
- The promotion of wellbeing, including distribution of information;
- Signposting relevant health and wellbeing services to line managers and employees;
- Reporting to the Headteacher or Trust Board on wellbeing issues and initiatives.
Please click here for further advice on supporting your child's wellbeing from leading mental health experts.